Orange Hot Chocolate Fondant Cakes
PREP TIME: 8-10 minutes COOK TIME:10 minutes
DIFFICULTY: easy SERVES:2 (or 1 if your having one of those days)
- 100g dark chocolate (i used 50% noire)
- 30g butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small orange
- 50g plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 level tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a medium bowl with the butter. Melt them very cairfuly in the microwave- set the microwave to its lowest setting and zap for no more than a minute at a time, stirring between zaps.
- Meanwhile, zest the orange, juice it and scoop the remaining flesh out.
- Once the chocolate and butter is thoroughly melted, add the egg and stir thoroughly, this should give the mix a goopy consistency.
- Thoroughly stir in most of the orange zest, and juice and the flesh, along with the salt.
- Fold in the flour.
- Fill two small tea cups or ramekins equally and place in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes- it hold have become dry and cakey looking on top!
- Dust the top with a little bit of coco power/ grated chocolate and the remaining orange zest and serve right away- if you haven’t overcooked the mix, it should have a nice gooey centre!